Junior Athlete Code
Code of Conduct for Children and Young Athletes
Sport should be safe, fun and conducted in a spirit of fair play
As a child or young person you entitled to the best possible environment to participate in sport. You deserve to be given enjoyable, safe sporting opportunities, free of abuse of any kind. You have rights, which must be respected, and responsibilities that you must accept. You are encouraged to treat other athletes and team officials with fairness and respect.
You are entitled to:
- Be safe and to feel safe.
- Be listened to.
- Be believed.
- Be treated with dignity, sensitivity, and respect.
- Have a voice in your club
- Participate on an equal basis
- Have fun and enjoy sport
- Experience competition at a level at which you feel comfortable
- Make complaints and have them dealt with
- Get help against bullies
- Say no
- To protect your body
You should always:
- Treat Sports Leaders with respect
- Act fairly at all times, do your best
- Respect other club members
- Respect opponents and be gracious in defeat
- Abide by the rules
You should never:
- Use violence or physical contact that is not allowed within the rules
- Shout or argue
- Cause harm or damage property
- Take banned substances
- Tell lies
- Spread rumours