North Belfast Harriers A.C.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The policy of North Belfast Harriers is to ensure that any eligible person irrespective of Age, Race, Gender, Religion, Ethnic Origin, Color, Social Status, Sexual Orientation or Disability may apply for membership of North Belfast Harriers. Also that every North Belfast Harriers member be given a genuine and equal opportunity to represent the club in role, as a Competitor, Referee, Official, Coach, Manager, or any administrative appointment made by North Belfast Harriers.
North Belfast Harriers publishes a team selection policy that is fair and provides equality for every member.
North Belfast Harriers provides a policy to ensure that every team official receives fair treatment in all aspects of the sport.
North Belfast Harriers will not disadvantage anyone in any way by imposing any condition or requirement upon them that cannot be fully justified.
North Belfast Harriers reserves the right to discipline any member or assisting official who discriminates on the grounds of a persons Age, Race, Gender, Religion, Ethnic Origin, Color, Social Status, Sexual Orientation or Disability.
North Belfast Harriers will monitor this policy on a yearly basis.
North Belfast Harriers will take into account the following legislation and any
amendments published by;
· Sex Discrimination (NI) Order 1976, and as amended 1998;
· Disability Discrimination Act 1995, and as amended 2004;
· Race Relations (NI) Order 1997, and as amended 2003;
· Employment Equality (Sexual Orientation) Regulations (NI) 2003;
· Fair Employment and Treatment (NI) Order 1998, and as amended 2003;
· Employment Equality (Age) Regulations (NI) 2006; and
· Equal Pay Act (NI) 1970, and as amended 1994.
It is hereby certified that this document represents a true and most up to
date version of the Equal Opportunity Statement of North Belfast Harriers.