North Belfast Harriers
Safety and Emergency Procedures
For the well-being and the health and safety of all athletes, coaches, officials and volunteers, and to minimize the effects of any incident/accident, the following procedures have been adopted for all training and competition sessions. They may be supplemented by additional procedures or codes of practice arising from risk assessments for specific activities.
- All coaches and team managers should ensure that they have access to a phone (or other means of communication) at all training sessions and competitions for use in the case of an emergency.
- All coaches should keep a simple register of all athletes present at each training session.
- All coaches and team managers should ensure that they have immediate access to up to date emergency contact details for all junior athletes present, and details of any medical conditions of athletes that could lead to problems during training or competition.
- All athletes are expected to keep their contact details up to date and to inform the club of any change in their medical condition that could lead to problems during training or competition.
- At competitions it is expected that the organizing club or association will arrange first aid and emergency cover, but NBH will endeavor to to provide our own cover as a back-up.